Number Plates 'While-U-Wait'
The Motorists‘ Discount Centres offer a number-plate while you wait service. We can create Standard size Car number plates (plain or GB) at all branches, Motorcycle and 4×4 number plates are available while you wait at Christchurch, Cowley, Newbury, Reading & Swindon and are available to order at all other Branches.
You must provide two pieces of ID when purchasing a number plate, one to prove your Name & Address, and one to prove your entitlement, (you do not have to be the registered keeper). You must provide an original document from each of the following lists:
Proof of ID
- A driving license – with or without a photo (whether or not it was issued in the United Kingdom)
- An Electricity, Gas, Water, Landline Phone or Council Tax bill issued within the last 6 months.
- A bank or buildings society statement (issued within the last 6 months).
- A passport, whether or not issued within the UK.
- A national identity card
- A debit card or credit card issued by bank or building society
- A police warrant card
- An armed forced identity card
Whichever ID. you provide it must prove your Name and Address.
Proof of Entitlement
- A vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C / V5C(NI))
- The New Keeper Supplement (V5C/2 / V5C/2(NI))
- A Certificate of Entitlement (V750 / V750(NI))
- A Retention Document (V778)
- A Renewal reminder for a tax disc or SORN (V11 / V11(NI))
- A Temporary Registration Certificate (V379)
- A Number Plate Authorisation Certificate (V948)
- A letter of authorisation from a lease or hire company including fleet operators. (The letter must quote the document reference number from the V5C / V5C(NI))